Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rain, rain go away...

It's been raining almost non-stop for three days now. It is no Ondoy scenario, but I can feel the tension everywhere. People are cautious, taking extra steps to make sure that they and their loved ones remain safe and out of harm's way.


The rain has gotten me thinking (when you live in a house with no TV, thinking and exercising your imagination is really pretty much the only past time you have -- not that I'm complaining, hahaha) about how I live my life and what's been happening to the world lately. The rain is just the symbolic means I see representing the tumult the world is experiencing... labor pains? With the freak weather we've been having, plus everything that's been happening on a global scale (the civil unrest in the Arab countries, earthquakes, tsunamis, mass animal deaths, and other natural disasters), people are already wondering what the heck is happening to the world. The doomsday fanatics are crying out, "The end is near!" Well, they may have a point.


Not that I am being fatalistic or whatever, I am just reading the signs of the times. I am no expert, so don't take my word for it. Read up -- you can easily google these things that I write about. The Bible warns us continually to be vigilant because we know not the time when He will come again. Whether or not you believe in the Bible, you have to admit that something big is happening, and it is leading to something explosive. Never before has the world encountered natural disasters on such a massive scale. And the political and economic turmoil in many countries leaves many, especially the rich who have much material wealth to lose, agitated and scared. 


Me? Yeah, it gets scary sometimes, because I fear for my loved ones, but personally, I am at ease because my life is in His hands, and I know I have nothing to worry about. Whatever happens, whatever else may come to pass, I know the rains will not wash me away because He is my anchor, and He is my rock. 


Ah well. The rain has let up. For now. I hope everyone is safe and snug at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment